Window size/position lost on reboot

Options
1pwsup0815
1pwsup0815
Community Member

after a reboot the window size and position are lost, while it is saved when i quit and start the application again.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.5.2
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey there @1pwsup0815

From the footer of your message, it looks like you're running 1Password 8.9.4, and the current version is 8.10.13. Try updating 1Password as a first measure, and let me know if that helps. Usually, 1Password will auto-update and show you a banner to "Restart Now" or "Later".

If you're not seeing that, it could well be that automatic updates are turned off. Here's how to turn them back on:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Click the 🔽 down arrow at the top of the sidebar and choose Settings.
    3. On the Advanced tab, turn on "Install updates automatically".

Wait a few minutes, and you should be prompted to Restart Now to allow 1Password to update.

Give that a try and let me know if you still need help after updating. :)

— Grey

• 1pwsup0815
    1pwsup0815
    Community Member
    Options

Update to the newer version resolved the issue. 1Password window maintained its position and size after a restart.
    Thanks for the fast help.

• @1pwsup0815 – You're welcome! We'll be here if you need anything. :)

• webregnet
    webregnet
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

The issue is still active and no need to reboot to get it. It happens also after a standby period.

1Password for Mac 8.10.16 (81016047)
    macOS 13.6

• @webregnet

I'm sorry that you're running into problems with the 1Password window on your Mac. So that I can better understand the situation, can you please tell me the following:

1. Is it the window position or the window size that are being reset after you reboot or sleep your Mac? Or both?
    2. Does this happen to the main 1Password app window or to Quick Access? Or both?
    3. Do you use multiple displays? Or just one display?
    4. Are you able to update to macOS 14 Sonoma to see if that might improve things for you?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• webregnet
    webregnet
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,

1. It is the window size that are reset after reboot and/or sleep, but not every time.
    2. This happen to the main 1Password app window. I never use quick access.
    3. I use sometimes multiple displays. I never thought about that. ;)
    4. My MBP Pro 2017 can't update to macOS 14 Sonoma

Cheers

• @webregnet

Thanks for the reply. Are you able to reproduce the issue if you just use the Macbook's built-in display with no other displays attached? Or does the issue only occur with multiple displays?

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#23230

• webregnet
    webregnet
    Community Member
    Options

That's what I did. The problem occurs as soon as I plug in a second display. 1Password on the Macbook's built-in screen is resized.

• @webregnet

Thanks for the reply. 1Password not remembering the window position/size after you connect an external display is a known issue in our developer's backlog. I've added your report to the issue so that they're aware. Hopefully this behaviour can be improved in the future, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#9923

This discussion has been closed.