helm uninstall does not remove deployment

Options

Hello,
I managed to integrate op operator in my own helm chart to connect to my vault. I am using helm chart from https://github.com/1Password/connect-helm-charts/tree/main/charts/connect as a subchart within my own helm chart.
Secrets are created automatically as I use annotations "operator.1password.io/item-path" and "operator.1password.io/item-name". Also no issues to use the secrets in my helm chart.

But if I use "helm uninstall", then the deployment which contains the annotation will not be removed as expected. Secrets are removed as expected. All pods and deployments are removed expect the deployment (and associated pod), which contains the annotations for the secrets.
Things getting weird, if I run "helm install" again (for the same chart). Now the previously not deleted deployment is getting deleted, but not re-created. So I need to run "helm uninstall" again to clean up partially created environment. After this I can run "helm install" to get a working environment.

Is there any additional step required to get all deployments removed by "helm uninstall"?

Maybe I need to say, that helm install/uninstall is working as expected without the new subchart for onepassword operator.

Kind regards,
Marco

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments