Choosing to edit an item from the browser extension doesn't open the right item in the desktop app

Options
System
edited September 2023 in Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: Edit jumps to the wrong entry

Comments

• pb74
    pb74
    Community Member
    Options

Started happening to me now, 1Password for Mac 8.10.16 (81016047), really annoying!

• Hello @pb74! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into an issue when using 1Password on your Mac. I've split your comment into a new thread since the other thread was discussing an issue that only affects 1Password on the iPhone and iPad.

Can you tell me a little more about the issue that you're seeing your Mac? Are you able to post a list of steps that I can follow in order to reproduce the same behaviour, and file a report with our development team?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• pb74
    pb74
    Community Member
    Options

Sure, steps are the following:

1. Navigate to a site where you have a password stored in 1Password
    2. Click the 1Password extension icon and choose More Options/Edit
    3. 1Password desktop app pops-up, but the item selected does not match with the webpage item

That is very misleading as you can edit the wrong item if you don't pay enough attention.

PS: After step #3, if I repeat step #2 for a second time, it will refresh the desktop app but this time with the item selected correctly

• Dave_1P
    edited September 2023
    Options

@pb74

Thank you for clarifying. I can reproduce this issue as well and I can confirm that our developers are already investigating. I've added your notes to our internal tracking item for the issue so that our developers are aware. Hopefully we can get this fixed soon with a future update. I'm sorry for the frustration that the bug has caused.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24066

• pb74
    pb74
    Community Member
    Options

Waiting for a fix soon... thanks Dave

• Thanks for your patience @pb74

• baggend
    baggend
    Community Member
    Options

Just wanted to mention that this is also affecting Windows as well. I created a thread over there before finding this one but I believe it's the same issue.

• @baggend

Thanks for the report, this is indeed an issue that affects the 1Password app on both Mac and Windows and our developers are investigating. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24066

• pb74
    pb74
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately this is still happening in the latest version (8.10.18). Any ETA for a fix? Thanks

• @pb74

Apologies, I do not have an estimation.

This discussion has been closed.