1P "Update Available"

Options
NdnaJnz
NdnaJnz
Community Member
edited September 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I am using 1P7 and keep randomly getting a MacOS notification for a "1P Update." Clicking on the notification switches to 1P7 (if I'm not already there) and opens a popup that says Update with what appears to be two buttons: "Update to 1P 8" and "Ok". I don't know what clicking "Ok" actually does. Is there an update for 1P7? I doubt it. I am concerned this is an attempt to trick 1P7 users into updating to 1P8. I don't understand this confusing type of popup. I do not want to update to 1P8. There appeat to be many issues and bugs still, annoying long-time users of 1P.

1Password Version: 7.9.11
Extension Version: 7.9.11
OS Version: macOS 12.7
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello @NdnaJnz! 👋

Thanks for the question! With the launch of 1Password 8 for Mac, 1Password 7 for Mac is no longer supported and will only receive important security updates. We strongly encourage you to update to the latest and greatest version as soon as you have the chance. If you've already tried 1Password 8 and run into issues then please tell me more and I would love to help.

Regarding the prompt, is this what you're seeing:

If it is then the "Update to 1Password 8" button will open the download page for 1Password 8's installer while the "OK" button will just dismiss the prompt without doing anything else. There is no automatic update from 1Password 7 to 1Password 8, you have to explicitly choose to install 1Password 8 which will uninstall 1Password 7.

I hope that helps. 🙂

-Dave

• NdnaJnz
    NdnaJnz
    Community Member
    Options

Got it.
    Thanks, Dave.

• I'm happy to help. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.