Store newly generate password, regardless of saving the item

Options
saberone
saberone
Community Member

When I create a new password in a existing item, the password is not automatically stored. This shouldn't be an issue, but on iOS the screen locks after a while. And then you lose acces to recently generated password.

This happens to me when I'm in the scenario of creating a new password for an account on a laptop/pc/mac without access to 1password.

Of course I could prevent this from happening by first saving the item. But my "natural" flow seems to be -> edit item -> generate new password -> enter new password on laptop -> use the laptop, which causes my phone to lock again -> open 1password -> new password is not stored.

It would be really nice it the newly generated password would be stored immediately, or could be retrieved from a "password history".

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 17.0.2
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @saberone! 👋

Thank you for the suggestion! Was there a reason why you don't save the password right away? You can always edit it later if you need to and that will ensure that you have access to both the previous password and any later passwords that you generate and save.

That being said, I believe that 1Password for iOS should be remembering its state properly here after you unlock the screen of your iPhone and I've filed an issue with our development team so that they can look into this further.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24369

This discussion has been closed.