Safari Extensions Crashes on Launch

Options
brettATL
brettATL
Community Member
edited October 2023 in iOS

The Safari Extension crashes Safari immediately after launching.

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: 8.10.16
OS Version: iPad OS 17.02
Browser: Safari

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited October 2023
    Options

@brettATL

Can you elaborate on what happens? Is this after unlocking or is this with it enabled? If this is reproducible we may want to take a closer look at a diagnostics report.

To create a diagnostic report:

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Tap your 1Password account icon from the 1Password home screen.
    3. Tap Settings.
    4. Tap Help.
    5. Click Send Diagnostics.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

• Your forum username: brettATL
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/142749/safari-extensions-crashes-on-launch#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• brettATL
    brettATL
    Community Member
    Options

Diagnostics sent.

With the extension enabled, Safari crashes almost immediately every time it is opened. As soon as the 1Password extension is disabled, Safari functions normally. I do want to mention that 1Password is installed and managed by my company’s MDM (VMware Workspace ONE).

• @brettATL

Thank you for for sending the diagnostics report. I've located your email and one of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible. To prevent duplication of effort, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: JNC-32829-871

This discussion has been closed.