1Password won't fill on roberthalf.com

Options
broodwich
broodwich
Community Member
edited October 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

This Robert Half website...

https://online.roberthalf.com/s/login?a=RH&b=&c=US&d=en_US&p=t&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=RobertHalf&utm_campaign=timesheet_emails&utm_content=Client&redirect=false

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 13.4.1c
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hi @broodwich,

First, I noticed that you might have the classic extension installed. Let's make sure you have the current 1Password installed in your browser:

1. Open Chrome, copy/paste chrome://extensions/ into the address bar.
    2. If you see 1Password extension (desktop app required), and click Remove. (This is the outdated 1Password classic extension)
    3. Make sure the 1Password - Password Manager is there and activated.
    1. Click the puzzle icon beside the address bar and pin the 1Password icon into the toolbar area.

Regarding the Robert Half website, we've previously identified issues with autofilling on the website. The page is using shadow-root, and that's causing the issue here:

Our development team is still working through how best to handle situations such as this. I'll go ahead and add your experience in support of this issue. Thank you for your patience while we work continuously to improve autofilling with 1Password across the web.

Meanwhile, a workaround is to use the Drag & Drop method to fill in your login information in the browser. I realize the workaround may not be ideal, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Let me know if you have any questions or anything we can help you with.

ref: dev/core/core#2900

• broodwich
    broodwich
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info and thanks for working on this. The old extension was already disabled in my browser and the new extension was already there but I went ahead and removed the old extension.

• Thank you for the update @broodwich.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with at all.