Unable to login with password on aidvantage.com

Options
jolipoli
jolipoli
Community Member
edited October 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

There is a new web site after the student loan pause, it is:
https://aidvantage.com

I have saved a password for the site, but when I log out and try to sign back in the password is always rejected. The site does not allow me to "show" the password I have pasted in from 1Password.

I have seen this in the past where new sites had some weird naming of their password field in the form, so i'm hoping that's what is going on here and it is easily rectified.

This happens in both Safari and Firefox on my Mac Studio, updated to latest versions of everything.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 14.0
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hi @jolipoli,

I cannot access the website you shared to test.

Therefore, can you collect the page structure of the website and email it to us at:

• support+forum@1Password.com

Here're the steps to collect the page detail:

1. Navigate to the site and place your cursor in the username or password field.
    2. Right-click(ctrl + click) in the input field to bring up the page context menu, and choose 1Password - Password Manager.
    3. Click Help and choose Collect Page Structure.
    4. 1Password will save a .json file to your "Downloads" folder.
    5. Attach the downloaded .json file to your next reply.

With your email, let's include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• jolipoli
    jolipoli
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, i sent the email with the requested info.

• Thank you @jolipoli, do you have a Support ID number you can share so I can track it down?

• jolipoli
    jolipoli
    Community Member
    Options

i messed around a few more times, it seems the 1Password app on my Mac, when in the password creating and saving mode, was not saving the password correctly to use it for this site. I'd not seen it on any other site.

I copy and pasted the password into the browser, then had 1Password update the saved password as entered into the site, then used 1Password to enter the password and it logged me in. ::shrugged shoulders::

I don't understand it, but now it works.

Thank you.

PS Here is the Support ID number: [#SHI-44669-816]

• Hi @jolipoli thanks for following up and letting me know!

Since you're no longer having trouble filling your logins on aidvantage.com I will be closing this thread.

You mentioned that 1Password hadn't correctly saved your info for that site. Although it's hard to say what might have caused 1Password to not save your info correctly, feel free to start another thread or reach out to us at support@1password.com if you run into this issue again so we can troubleshoot.

This discussion has been closed.