Change autofill behaviour from 1passwor website or Chrome plugin

Options

Hello, I can't seem to find where to change this setting in the Chrome plugin or 1password website. I can do it from my Android app. The only time I can see the option to modify this is when creating a new entry, but I can't find the option to edit it.

Is this a missing feature or is it somewhere I can't find?

Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.16
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hey @Khiven,

You may find the steps in this guide useful: Change where a login is suggested and filled

Let us know if you have any questions!

• Khiven
    Khiven
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello!

Thank you for the reply.

As I mentioned, I can't find the option in Chrome plugin or Web version. That guide only shows how to do it from Windows app, Android app etc... Which I know I can. I just wanted to manage and edit autofill behaviour from the web version.

Is it possible?

Thanks!

• steph.giles
    edited October 2023
    Options

Sorry for the misunderstanding @Khiven! This option is only available from the 1Password desktop app at the moment, if you have this installed then choosing 'Edit' on an item in your browser extension will open it in your app.

I hope this helps to explain.

• Khiven
    Khiven
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! Clarified now!

Any plan to implement this on the web version?

• Hey @Khiven,

On behalf of Steph, you're very welcome.

There aren't any plans to implement this in the extension yet but I'm happy to share your feedback to our product team for further review.

I hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions, @Khiven.

-Evon

ref:36295092

• lazynooblet
    lazynooblet
    Community Member
    Options

Has this been evaluated internally yet? When I'm not on my own PC, having to install the app, configure the account, edit the metadata on a URL field, then uninstall the app ... is getting really tedious.

There is great feature parity between the apps, but the website is being left in the dust. The site needs an interface overhaul, including this issue, which is adding the ability to edit the same metadata on a password record as the apps themselves.

• @lazynooblet

You might be interested in this sneak peek at the updates that our developers are planning to release for the web app: Experiment #4 – New interface in 1Password.com’s vault view — 1Password Community 😉

-Dave