Experiment #4 – New interface in 1Password.com’s vault view
Today we’re bringing you a beta version of a major update to the vault view interface on 1Password.com. Our goal is to align the design with the main desktop application as well as improve our ability to introduce new features consistently across all of our platforms.
Unlike previous experimental features in labs, you are not required to manually enable this experiment, and it will not appear under the “Labs” tab in the 1Password apps. As this is an updated vault view of our web interface, you can access it directly via this link.
At this time, the new interface provides a read-only version, which means it is limited in functionality compared to the current interface. We wanted to start testing as early as possible to identify any potential issues well in advance of a full rollout. Full functionality that aligns with the current vault view interface will be gradually introduced over the next couple of months as we continue testing and developing.
The primary questions I'm trying to answer are:
1. Do you prefer this new interface over the old one?
2. Do you see value in us rolling out this new interface of the vault view to all 1Password users?
3. Are you experiencing any performance issues? Keep in mind this is a read-only version at this time.
4. How often do you use the vault view in 1Password.com?
We are eager to hear what you think about this new web interface. Please share your feedback and thoughts below in the thread!
- Fixed part of the issue @firebeyer mentioned with custom item categories. Right now all custom categories will be grouped together under "Others", and we'll be fully supporting active custom categories soon.
- Group and sort categories in the item list filter menu to match the desktop apps.
- Began supporting localization for the 12 languages already supported in the rest of the web app and other apps. There are some tasks remaining there.
- Maintain the last item list sort order throughout the app and across page reload.
- Show an alert popup when encountering unexpected errors, to hopefully avoid just showing a blank screen like @norysang reported.
- Squashed some minor bugs.