1password autofill always shows an empty list of passwords on iOS 14

Options
vassiligorshkov
vassiligorshkov
Community Member
edited October 2023 in iOS

I have installed the latest 1password app (version 8) on my iphone 14. I registered it as the default password manager.

When I am prompted for a password in any application, I tap the password field and get an option to AutoFill password. When I select it, 1password application comes up with an empty list of passwords to choose from.

When I start 1password application by itself all the passwords are there, so somehow the autofill launches it with such an option that results in an empty list.

The only workaround is to open the 1password app by itself, copy the password, switch to the application requesting the password and paste it there.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app, but the problem persists.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @vassiligorshkov! 👋

I'm sorry that you're not seeing your logins when filling into another app. On the iPhone AutoFill is specifically handled by iOS through an Apple feature named iOS Password AutoFill and 1Password only provides the data for the experience. Before we continue can you double-check that Password AutoFill is setup to work with 1Password:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Select 1Password.

Then try to fill your login again using this guide: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

If you don't see a suggestion for login item in a particular app then please try to search for the appropriate item and then tap on that item to fill it into the app. Does searching for the item work?

-Dave