1password was unable to save two-factor token

Options
dhondooo
dhondooo
Community Member

1password was unable to save two factor token

I have been using 1Password for a long time now across all my devices but recently whenever I open the Android app it asks for my password and then whenever I navigate to another screen it asks to authenticate with 2FA for which I am using Microsoft Authenticator. But when I enter the code from the authenticator it says "1password was unable to save two-factor token". And there is also a learn more button but you can't tap on it. This has been happening for a few weeks now to the point it has become quite annoying.
Does anyone know a fix?

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 13
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• psabiniewicz
    psabiniewicz
    Community Member
    Options

The same issue here. Started since yesterday.

• tripmckay
    tripmckay
    Community Member
    Options

Do you have a Samsung Galaxy S21 device? If so try installing the latest software update. See https://1password.community/discussion/comment/698632/#Comment_698632

• dhondooo
    dhondooo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi I reset the app data and logged in again and it is working now. And yes I am using S21 FE

• ag_audrey
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hey @psabiniewicz and @tripmckay, my sincere apologies for the delay in response.

As @dhondooo kindly followed up with, clearing the app data of the 1Password for Android app resolves the issue. Ahead of this, ensure you have access to 1Password on another device or your Emergency Kit before clearing the app data:
    1. Open your device settings.
    2. Tap Apps.
    3. Tap 1Password.
    4. Tap Storage, then tap Clear Storage/Clear Data.
    5. Open the 1Password for Android app, then sign into your 1Password account again using one of the sign in steps provided within the app.

Let us know how that goes!

• psabiniewicz
    psabiniewicz
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    Issue was on Samsung site. After new update from OTA everything is working like a charm.
    Best Regards

• Perfect, thanks for the update, @psabiniewicz!