Unable to use Touch ID in the browser

Options

Comments

• jbrowdy
    jbrowdy
    Community Member
    Options

I see this issue has been posted in several threads over the course of the last year or so. I am now experiencing the same problem. I have not tried any of the suggested fixes, as I assume the latest version of 1Password should have addressed all the prior issues. Is there a new fix on the way, or do I need to try one of the many suggested manual fixes?

• jbrowdy
    jbrowdy
    Community Member
    Options

I meant to post this comment here in this thread, but accidentally put it in another, similar thread, so I apologize for double posting:

I see this issue has been posted in several threads over the course of the last year or so. I am now experiencing the same problem. I have not tried any of the suggested fixes, as I assume the latest version of 1Password should have addressed all the prior issues. Is there a new fix on the way, or do I need to try one of the many suggested manual fixes?

• Hello @jbrowdy! 👋

I've merged your comments together so that we can keep the discussion in one place. 🙂

I'm sorry that Touch ID isn't working in the browser. Are you still able to unlock your Mac and the 1Password desktop app itself using Touch ID? As a start can you make sure that you're running the latest versions of both 1Password and macOS:

If that doesn't help, or if you're already up to date, then try the following steps:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon at the top of your Mac's screen and then click Quit. Wait until the icon disappears.
    3. Double-click on 1Password from your Mac's Application folder.
    4. Open your web browser.

Let me know if that doesn't fix the issue.

-Dave

• jbrowdy
    jbrowdy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for organizing the comments. Meanwhile, I took the steps previously described to "de-couple" the browser and the app by accessing the settings in both and "re-coupling" them. That worked.

• @jbrowdy

I'm happy to hear that everything is working again. 🙂

-Dave