09.15.2023 2.15.1 --> 09.16.2023 released in the FF Store
    10.11.2023 2.16.0
    10.14.2023 2.16.1
    11.08.2023 2.17.0
    11.16.2023 2.17.1
    12.07.2023 2.18.0

Today 12.11.2023 and FF Users are still on 2.15.1
    Less acceptable as a customer!

I don't know if there is a dispute between 1P and FF but things have to get better.

• moonpup
    moonpup
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles @Dave_1P

Hi again,

Any updates to this continuing debacle?

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2023
    Options

Thank you all for your continued patience while waiting for an update.

We submitted 2.18.0 to Mozilla for approval on Thursday but had to submit a follow-up hotfix this week with 2.18.1 which resets the review clock. Although this means that we'll need to wait a little longer for an update, we felt that pushing the hotfix was important since it prevents 1Password in the browser from breaking for folks using older versions of the desktop app.

Right now we're waiting for the update to be reviewed and approved, once that happens it will be made available to everyone.

-Dave

• moonpup
    moonpup
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P

Appreciate the reply!

Are you able to share any information as to why all the previous releases to Firefox never got approved and made available? It's ridiculous that Firefox users have not seen an update in 3 months.

• jonpw
    jonpw
    Community Member
    Options

@moonpup, it is not reasonable to expect companies to divulge every little detail of why something does or doesn't get shipped on a certain schedule. He has repeatedly acknowledged the feedback and even given the details of the 2.18 submission to the store. I am a huge FF user but we all need to be aware that FF is by far at the back of the pack right now in terms of market share, and it is continuing to lose ground. Of course 1password should support it but there is no reason to be surprised that it is lower on their priority list. And in any case there might be technical issues that they had to resolve with Mozilla, who knows. I'd much rather know that they took their time and that the FF plugin is fully secure and vetted rather than they rush it out each version. I'm also bummed that there has been such a big delay, but again, they have acknowledged the feedback, so there's no reason to reason to keep harping on it. They're working on it and have said so, that's all they owe us.

• moonpup
    moonpup
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like 2.18.2 just became available for Chrome, Brave, Edge and Safari... still no Firefox. SMH...

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your patience as we worked with our friends at Mozilla to bring you the latest version of 1Password for Firefox. I'm happy to share that version 2.18.2 is now available:

For help with updating please see our guide: How to keep 1Password up to date in your browser

-Dave

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hey @Dave_1P ,

Thanks that you were investigating here. :)

• moonpup
    moonpup
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Well hot diggity! It's a Christmas miracle!

I hope whatever the issue was with Firefox is fixed going forward and that we won't see such a significant delay anymore. Thanks for the FYI @Dave_1P

• Thank you both for reporting the issue and for following up. The team appreciates your advocacy.

Since an update has now been released, I'm closing this thread. If anyone does run into any issues with the update then please open a new thread and we'll be happy to help there. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.