Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

I am also

• grangej
    grangej
    Community Member
    Options

I am also and I tried removing the browser history and restarting safari this didn't resolve the issue. I have also tried various other things like reinstalling both 1password and extension, beta safari etc. No luck , any clue on how to resolve?

• davidlamas
    davidlamas
    Community Member
    Options

Helllo,

1Password plugin is not working in Safari under macOS 14.2 Beta 3. The plugin is totally dead. When clicked it opens an empty web browser tab.

Otherwise, 1Password App is working and so is the plugin on Chrome.

Any hints on how to proceed? I did remove/re-install and update both App and Safari plugin.

1Password Version: 8.10.20
    Extension Version: 2.17.1
    OS Version: macOS 14.2 Beta 3
    Browser: Safari

• urbanherder
    urbanherder
    Community Member
    Options

Clearing all history and restarting Safari worked for me

• tomkar
    tomkar
    Community Member
    Options

Hi togehter!
    Same problem here.

Request for a solution, THX

1Password Version: 8.10.20
    OS Version: macOS 14.2 Beta 3
    Browser: Safari

• bhansley
    bhansley
    Community Member
    Options

The temporary fix for this under Sonoma 14.2 Beta 2 was to clear your browser history - which worked, but I hated losing all that history under the profile.

Was getting the same behavior you're describing, under Beta 3, and I tried clearing "Today and Yesterday" history, and 1Password is back to working. I'm not sure how much or little history you need to delete to get it working, but I was happy to only lose 2 days rather than all in the current profile.

Good luck!
    -Bill

• jaws56
    jaws56
    Community Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

I posted back on 11/1 with the same issue that then was resolved by clearing Safari history and reinstalling 1Password Safari extension. But yesterday it stopped working again! I've repeated the steps of clearing all Safari history, closing Safari and restarting it, but no luck. I'm going to follow the steps outlined by steph.giles from 1Password and send in a diagnostic report. I am running the most recent public beta, macOS Public Beta, Version 14.2 (23C5047e)

***Here is the Support ID#: [#WQT-69314-755]

And I just realized that I didn't attached the 1Password diagnostics report to my initial email, so I will do so now.

• zebdro
    zebdro
    Community Member
    Options

Clearing the entire history did help get the Safari 1P extension working correctly for me again. But it had the undesirable effect of logging me out of every site and service I use. This adds a significant amount of friction to getting going again. Since I wasn't aware, maybe others aren't as well, so I added this comment. The 1P team should work to provide solutions that do not involve resetting every saved login in the browser in the future.

• tomkar
    tomkar
    Community Member
    Options

THX @bhansley
    Clearing all history and restarting Safari worked for me

• Hey @jhmoser15p, @Gilles9, @grangej,

I'm sorry for the ongoing trouble, I think at this point it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you.

• grangej
    grangej
    Community Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

@steph.giles done : [#PQI-73753-587]

• @grangej

Thank you for posting the Support ID. One of my colleagues will send you another reply via email as soon as possible, please keep an eye on your inbox. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PQI-73753-587

• Hello everyone,

I'm sorry to those who are still running into the issue. Can you please do the following:

1. Update to macOS 14.2 beta 3 or later. Don't skip this step.
    2. Clear Safari's history/cache:

Instructions on how to clear the history/cache:

1. Open Safari.
    2. Click "History" in the macOS menu bar and select "Clear History" to clear all history.
    3. Once that's done, restart Safari by clicking Safari > Quit Safari. Then re-open Safari.

If that still doesn't resolve the issue, or the issue comes back, then I'd like to ask you to send in the following logs:

Attach both files to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• Fofer
    Fofer
    Community Member
    Options

Clearing History, but just for the "last hour," was enough to fix the issue for me. Phew!

• Thank you for the update @Fofer.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

• danand725
    danand725
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, broken for me too.

• danand725
    danand725
    Community Member
    Options

Broken for me too....

1Password Version: 18.10.20
    OS Version: macOS 14.2 Beta (23C5047e)
    Browser: Safari 17.2 (19617.1.16.11.2)

• @danand725

I'm sorry that you're running into the issue as well. Have you already tried the following steps:

1. Open Safari.
    2. Click "History" in the macOS menu bar and select "Clear History" to clear all history.
    3. Once that's done, restart Safari by clicking Safari > Quit Safari. Then re-open Safari.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• danand725
    danand725
    Community Member
    Options

Yep - that worked. Phew! I use 1Password so much!

• Thanks for the update @danand725, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

Clearing the History worked for me, but the issue keeps on eventually coming back… It's not a permanent solution (and I'd like to be able to keep my History :->).
    Is there a clear idea of what's triggering it? I remained puzzled as to why the History should affect 1Password (which should not have to access it).

Corentin

• EvonG1P
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello @cortig, I'm sorry for the trouble. Just to confirm, are you also experiencing an issue with unlocking 1Password for Safari?

If so, can you give these steps a try and let me know if it helps?

1. Open Safari.
    2. Right-click the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar and select "Settings"..
    3. In the General section, disable "Integrate this extension with the 1Password desktop app".
    4. In the Accounts & Vaults section, click the ( ⋮ ) three dots to sign out of your account(s). (This will be unavailable if "Integrate with 1Password app" is still enabled)
    5. Click "+ Sign in to a new account" to sign back in to the 1Password account.
    6. Once you've signed in, a small box will appear on the top right corner of the page, click "Add" to add your account to the 1Password extension.

Before continuing with the next steps, I'd like to check if the extension unlocks before we re-enable integration. At this point, I'd like you to click the 1Password extension to unlock it. Let me know how that goes, then continue with the next steps to re-enable integration:

1. In Safari, right-click the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar and select "Settings".
    2. In the "General" section, enable "Integrate this extension with the 1Password desktop app".
    3. Open the 1Password desktop app.
    4. Click "1Password" on the macOS menu bar and select "Settings".
    5. In the General section, ensure "Keep 1Password in the menu bar" is checked.
    6. In the Browser section toggle off, then re-toggle on the "Connect with 1Password in the browser" setting.

Once that’s done, click the 1Password icon in the browser to unlock it.

Let me know how that goes.

-Evon

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @EvonG1P I followed your instructions. After disabling the integration with the app, clicking on the extension icon triggered a prompt for my password but the password was systematically rejected.
    Disabling and re-adding the account allowed the extension to function properly again and I was able to access my data (without integration).

I then re-enabled the integration per your instructions, but something seems off: I locked both the app and the extension for instance, then tried to access my data from the extension in Safari and it prompted me there for my password: I unlocked and I got to my data but it's as if the integration was turned off - and the app itself is still locked.

I'm not sure why it wasn't working (again) in Safari and I sure am glad that the extension is mostly working again (without needed to wipe out my History) though!

Corentin

• Hey @cortig, thanks for getting back to us.

That is strange, just to double check, does the issue still occur after restarting Safari and the 1Password desktop app? Was the app integration option ("Connect with 1Password in the browser"), re-enabled in the 1Password desktop app?

-Evon

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @EvonG1P
    It remained even after quitting everything, although the problem disappeared on its own after a reboot…

Corentin

• Thank you for getting back to us @cortig, I hope things are smooth sailing from here on.

Please let us know if we can further assist!