1P Safari not responding

Options
cmfrazier
cmfrazier
Community Member
edited November 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

My 1P Safari extension is not responding. I have disabled it and re-enabled it. Restarted browser. Clicking on it does nothing. Right clicking and selecting settings opens a new tab, but it's blank.

1Password Version: 8.10.20 (81020024)
Extension Version: 2.17.0
OS Version: macOS 14.2 Beta (23C5030f)
Browser: Safari Version 17.2 (19617.1.11.11.3)

Comments

• cmfrazier
    cmfrazier
    Community Member
    Options

Emailed a diag file too.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, I'm experiencing similar with the same configuration as @cmfrazier

• MajorHavoc
    MajorHavoc
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem, as well as others with 1Password and Safari on Sonoma (everything is up to date.) It does respond to the small icon at the top of the Safari Window, and opens a small 1password window, which I often have to search in to find the info, and then the fill button does not work, so I have to drag each element into the web page. Also the settings for that pop-up window do not following the settings for privacy. Here is an example. I have always show passwords turned on but the passwords are always concealed. Things with Safari 1Password is seriously broken.

• ray13
    ray13
    Community Member
    Options

MacOS 14.2 beta 1
    1Password for Mac 8.10.20 (81020012)

**In Safari, the 1P extension still keeps showing a lock symbol. And whenever I click the 1P symbol in Safaris extension bar, a new empty tab opens and nothing happens.
    For the time being, I am copying and pasting passwords like "back in the early days".

I think the 1P team is aware and working on a solution, is it? :-)

Or do you need more diagnostic files submissions?

• Hey @cmfrazier, @HRD, @MajorHavoc, @ray13

I'm sorry for the disruption. This is an issue in the latest macOS beta and the webkit team has identified and fixed this problem in Safari for a future release.

In the meantime, we have had some reports that clearing Safari's history has got things back on track. Here are the steps if you'd like to give it a try:

1. Open Safari. Click "History" in the macOS menu bar and select "Clear History".
    2. Once that's done, restart Safari by clicking "Safari" > "Quit Safari" then reopen Safari.

Let us know how you get on, thank you for your patience.

• ray13
    ray13
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles Thanks for the quick update on the situation! Great to have such a direct connection to the 1P team and their developers.

Wanted to let you know. The CLEAR HISTORY (TODAY + YESTERDAY) helped for me. The Safari Extension started to work as expected.
    Side-Effect: I got logged out of many other services and had to re-login. But that was easy with 1P working smoothly again!

• You're welcome @ray13, apologies for the disruption caused by clearing your history. I understand that it's not ideal.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with at all!

• MajorHavoc
    MajorHavoc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Steph. I’ll give the clear history a try.

Did the team mention why setting the security to display passwords is not working?

Cheers

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Clearing Safari history is not an option for me, so I will be patient and wait for the update quoted.