Why do I keep having to restart the iOS app to sync items created recently on Mac?

Options
Penelope Pitstop
Penelope Pitstop
Community Member
edited November 2023 in iOS

I often find that items created on my Mac do not appear in the iPhone or iPad app until I restart it.

Is there anything I can do to fix this please?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Penelope Pitstop! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're not seeing the same item on your iPhone when you create that item on your Mac. So that I can better understand the situation can you tell me the following:

1. Does the item eventually appear in 1Password for iOS if you wait long enough (without restarting the app on your your iPhone or iPad)?
    2. After you create the item on your Mac, and you notice the item isn't available on your iPhone/iPad, can you check to see if the item is available when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

-Dave

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Dave_1P

Thank you for responding so quickly.

Does the item eventually appear in 1Password for iOS if you wait long enough (without restarting the app on your your iPhone or iPad)?

I haven't objectively tested it. This is just one of the many problems I have experienced with 1Password lately. Autofill failures seem to happen several times daily. I sometimes get duplicate items, and I have lost some data altogether. The problems are so frequent that I haven't had the energy to engage in the problem-solving process with you excellent support folk.

I'd all but given up on the app and have been trying the native Apple keychain. That doesn't do all I want either, so I shall start trying to reproduce the issues reliably and report them.

I suppose it does because I just checked my iPad, and the two most recently created items were there, but they were created about an hour ago.

Before typing this, I created an item at 16:05:07 and have had the iPhone app open since. It is now 16:17, and the test item hasn't shown up. All Items were showing with Date Modified, Newest First as the sort order. It doesn't seem to matter how I tap around the app, the item isn't there. I also tried Search and it wasn't there.

I suppose they must turn up eventually because the first thing I did before replying was to check my iPad, which I hadn't used all afternoon. The two most recent items were there, plus a duplicate of one of them.

After you create the item on your Mac, and you notice the item isn't available on your iPhone/iPad, can you check to see if the item is available when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

The test item I referred to above is on 1Password.com.

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    Options

I just created two more items on the Mac and they showed up immediately on the phone. Not helpful I know.

• @Penelope Pitstop

Thank you for the reply. The team can definitely help with all of the issues that you mentioned. So that we can start an investigation, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Thank you. The reference is: [#YFI-86925-167].

• @Penelope Pitstop

Thank you for posting the Support ID. We've received your diagnostics report and one of my colleagues will send you an email as soon as it has been reviewed. Please continue the conversation over email. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: YFI-86925-167

This discussion has been closed.