Synchronization between a local vault and a Dropbox vault - new Administrator

Options
MagnoliaIT
MagnoliaIT
Community Member
edited November 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hey everyone,

I'm a new Admin and haven't had much experience with 1Pass in the administrative sense, and didn't get a very detailed breakdown from the previous Admin for my organization.

We have a small IT team (some DevOps and me for IT) and we all have a 1Pass client on our stations. Recently, we've noticed some team members are not seeing changes made by others, and upon examination we noticed that some are working on a local vault and some are working on a DropBox vault.

I verified this by clicking File>Open 1Password Vault on the clients.

My question:

I need to make sure the whole IT team is working on the same Vault.

If I direct the local clients to the DropBox vault, will there be data loss or automatic overwrite of passwords?

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @MagnoliaIT,

I'm Scott on the 1Password Customer Experience team. It's nice to meet you.

It sounds like your team is using an older version of 1Password. 1Password 7 is past its end of life and is only receiving critical security updates, and your team should upgrade to 1Password 8 as soon as possible for continued updates and support. In the mean time, I'd advise emailing support@1password.com to discuss this with our support team. There is a lot of nuance to working with standalone or local vaults, and it's often best to move that data into a 1Password account. We can help plan the migration in a way that prevents data loss and keeps everything accessible to those who should have access.

Thank you,

• MagnoliaIT
    MagnoliaIT
    Community Member
    Options

Oh we're not using 1password 7 - that would've been a better situation.

We're using 1password 4.

I actually managed to solve the damn thing and get the users to sync via the Dropbox - but now I have three of every login :(

I'll try and reach out to the support team, maybe they'll have salvation for me.

• @MagnoliaIT

After you send an email to our support team please post the Support ID here, it should look like this: [#ABC-12345-678].

Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave