Wrong item opens when editing

Options
System
edited November 2023 in Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: Add the ability to edit items in the item details window.

Comments

• Steamboater
    Steamboater
    Community Member
    Options

Just came here to post this. When you try to edit the current site you are on it doesn't take you to that entry but whichever item you were on last in the main app. So you have to then search for the site and click edit again then edit pw.

Seems trivial but ads friction to easily update items.

• Hello @Steamboater! 👋

I'm split your comment into a new thread so that we can discuss it separately. 🙂

I'm sorry that the wrong item is opening when you try to edit that item from the browser extension, our developers have investigated the issue and are testing a fix in the latest beta update to the 1Password app:

When you use the 1Password browser extension to edit or open the item in a new window, the main window for the 1Password app will now open properly.

If testing of the fix goes well in the beta version then we hope to include the fix in an official update soon. Thank you for your patience.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24066

• Steamboater
    Steamboater
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Dave_1P I appreciate you looking into this! I submitted an email ticket as well if you want to ignore or update [#RLY-46413-964]
    Thanks!

• @Steamboater

Thank you for posting the Support ID, I've responded to you there as well. If you have any other questions then just reply to the email that I sent. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: RLY-46413-964

This discussion has been closed.