Restart data migration from 1password 7

Options
LaurentR2D2
LaurentR2D2
Community Member
edited November 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hello,

I've migrated my data from 1password 7/Icloud to my 1password account some time ago, but I think there have been some new passwords/... added on iCloud since then. For the moment I'm checking manually, but I would like to know if there is an easier way. If I launch again a migration, will it only sync the differences between iCloud and my 1password account, or is there some risk of duplicate data ? I want to finish that before installing 1password 8 and upgrade my system to Mac OS Sonoma.

Thank you

1Password Version: 7.9.11
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @LaurentR2D2! 👋

Thanks for the question! Just to clarify: are you referring to passwords that you've saved in iCloud Keychain (Apple's password manager) or to passwords that you've saved in a 1Password standalone vault that you're syncing using iCloud?

If it's the latter then going through the migration process again will copy over all of your items to your 1Password account which can result in duplicates. The migration won't just copy over new items.

I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our dedicated migration team can help further. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• LaurentR2D2
    LaurentR2D2
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your answer. This is the support id : [#VIF-35298-733]

• @LaurentR2D2

Thanks for posting the Support ID! I see that my colleague has already sent you an email, please continue the conversation there. 🙂

-Dave

ref: VIF-35298-733

This discussion has been closed.