Can't bring up 1PW for some iOS System Prompts

Options
Kyrast
Kyrast
Community Member

Sometimes iOS prompts me to enter the AppleID account password and AutoFill doesn't seem to work. Tapping on the password field doesn't help me get to 1PW and the keyboard on screen is a very basic one without the key icon to select password managers or login suggestions above the keys.
When I get this type of prompt I have no choice but to look up the password in a different device and type it manually.
Has anyone encountered this issue? Is there any workaround to avoid having to type in the password?
These prompts seem related to the iPhone's system settings or iCloud.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Kyrast! šŸ‘‹

Thank you for the question! On your iPhone 1Password relies on an Apple technology known as iOS Password AutoFill for filling and AutoFill doesn't allow us to fill into certain system prompts that prompt for your Apple ID.

This isn't something that 1Password can change and is an issue common to all password managers on iOS. You can copy and paste your password from the 1Password app on your iOS device into the AppleID prompt: Copy and fill passwords into apps that don't work with 1Password

Hopefully the situation is improved in future versions of iOS. Let me know if you have any questions. šŸ™‚

-Dave

• Kyrast
    Kyrast
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave_1P!

• Thank you again for the question. šŸ™‚

-Dave