Prevent mobile browser from becoming "linked app"

Options
dulfrg
dulfrg
Community Member
edited November 2023 in Android

I use the Opera browser on my Android. When I register on a new website and save the login in the 1PW popup, it automatically links the Opera app to the login (so, Opera is listed under "linked apps" in the password item) instead of the website.

This means that whenever I want to log in to a website in Opera, 1PW suggests every login I ever saved in Opera (which is a lot of items), and often not the one I'm looking for since the website is not connected to the password item.

Websites to test this behaviour with include Disney+ and o2

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 12
Browser: Opera

Comments

• Hi @dulfrg,

1Password for Android can fill in supported browsers. In browsers that are not supported, such as Opera, 1Password for Android will not fill or will not fill as expected leading to the behaviour you've mentioned. Supported browsers include: Brave, Chrome, DuckDuckGo, Edge, Firefox, Samsung Internet and Vivaldi.

While I can't make any promises about the development of 1Password, I'll be happy to share your interest in supporting Opera with the team.

I hope this helps.

-- Brendan

• dulfrg
    dulfrg
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me!
    I'm just wondering why everything seems to work fine except for this issue. Opera is based on Chromium/Blink just like most other browsers you named...

• @dulfrg, we can certainly pass your interest in having Opera be a supported browser to the product team. In the meantime, I'd highly recommend using a supported browser in order to maximize your Autofill experience with 1Password!