1Password isn't working with macOS Sonoma 14.2 (beta)

Options
System
edited December 2023 in Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password + Extension cohesion between ios devices & mac?.

Comments

• BobBarker
    BobBarker
    Community Member
    Options

Seeing same or similar issues here - the extension always shows a "locked" symbol - nothing I do will unlock the extension so 1Password is not particularly useful except as an expensive way of maintaining a list of password to copy/paste from. This has been an issue for lone enough - fix it

• BobBarker
    BobBarker
    Community Member
    Options

The extension operation, documentation and everything about it is a continuing mystery - how, exactly, step by step, can I remove the app and extension and then reinstall them correctly so that 1password works properly on an IMAC using Sonoma 14.2??

• Hello @BobBarker! 👋

I've merged your comments into a new thread so that we can discuss your situation separately.

I'm sorry that 1Password isn't working properly on your Mac. I see that you're running the beta version of macOS 14.2, there was a known issue in early beta versions that could be causing some of the issues that you're seeing. Please try the following:

1. Update to macOS 14.2 beta 3 or later. Don't skip this step.
    2. Clear Safari's history/cache:

Instructions on how to clear the history/cache:

1. Open Safari.
    2. Click "History" in the macOS menu bar and select "Clear History" to clear all history.
    3. Once that's done, restart Safari by clicking Safari > Quit Safari. Then re-open Safari.

Then completely close and reopen both 1Password and Safari:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon at the top of your Mac's screen and then click Quit. Wait until the icon disappears.
    3. Double-click on 1Password from your Mac's Applications folder.
    4. Open your web browser.

Let me know if that doesn't fix the issue. I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• Montanaflyer
    Montanaflyer
    Community Member
    Options

I just wanted post a thank you as I have been experiencing the same issues (the inability to get 1password to work in Safari). Having viewed several other threads and trying the steps outlined in them I stumbled on this thread and followed the step outlined above...this resolved the issue for me. Thank You!

• @Montanaflyer

I'm happy that the steps worked for you. 🙂

-Dave