ios 1P Safari autofill seems to always be unlocked?

Options
telUK
telUK
Community Member

Hi

When I go to login in on any particular website that I have an account for the autofill credentials seem to be unlocked, I just click the tab and it fills my login. There isn't any prompt to unlock 1password at all.

I use Face ID, when I go to the 1p app on my iPhone its locked and Face ID unlocks it.
Its just that with the safari autofill its like the 1p app is still unlocked?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @telUK! 👋

Thank you for the question! If you're using iOS AutoFill to fill login credentials then you'll always be prompted to unlock 1Password. If instead you're using 1Password for Safari then you'll be prompted to unlock according to your "Reauthorize After" setting. Descriptions of both iOS AutoFill and 1Password for Safari are here:

If you're using 1Password for Safari, and would like it to prompt you to unlock more often, then you can follow these steps:

1. Open and unlock the main 1Password app from your home screen.
    2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings. (If you’re using an iPad, tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.)
    3. Tap Safari Extension.
    4. Set the "Reauthorize After" value to the desired length of time.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dave

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member
    Options

I think I must have enabled them both by mistake, what method would you recommend?

• @telUK

Thanks for the question! The (possibly) surprising answer is that I recommend that you keep both turned on.

1Password for Safari is the best way to fill and save logins in the browser on an iPhone or iPad. However, 1Password for Safari is only available for Safari so you'll want to keep iOS AutoFill enabled in order to fill and save logins in other iOS apps.

-Dave

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

Thats great, thanks for explaining that.

• I'm happy to help. 🙂

-Dave