Password generated history

Options
Love1pass123124
Love1pass123124
Community Member

Why is there no password generated history in the iOS app? Seems like a no brainer feature, can’t tell you how many times I’ve had users generate a pw on their phone and forget to save it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Love1pass123124! 👋

Thank you for the question! If you're using 1Password for Safari to generate passwords then you can find the password generator history by following these steps:

1. Open Safari and go to any website.
    2. Tap the AA Page Settings button in the Safari address bar, then tap 1Password.
    • If you're using an iPad, tap the 1Password icon in the address bar.
    1. Tap the menu button (it looks like three vertical lines in a circle) and choose Password Generator.
    2. Tap "Password Generator History".

This will show you a history of passwords that you generated using 1Password for Safari.

can’t tell you how many times I’ve had users generate a pw on their phone and forget to save it.

Can you tell me a little more about how this happens? Are users changing their password for a specific app or website? Are they generating the password using 1Password for Safari or the main 1Password app from their home screen?

-Dave

• Love1pass123124
    Love1pass123124
    Community Member
    Options

Users are using the app not the safari plugin from the phones web browser. For example they reset their domain password using the app on their phone and forget to hit save. It happens more frequently than I would like.

• @Love1pass123124

Thank you for the reply. The iOS app can show previous passwords saved for an item by tapping on the more menu to the right of the password field and then tapping "Password History".

If someone starts to generate a password but doesn't save that password then there isn't a history that includes that unsaved password. I recommend that your users save the item after generating their password and only then copying that password: Use the password generator to change and strengthen your passwords

That being said, I can see how a password history feature would be useful and I've filed a feature request on your behalf. Thank you for sharing this feedback. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-37340691