Pop-up on MacBook to Unlock 1P

Options
selvirino
selvirino
Community Member
edited December 2023 in Mac

I have two external monitors connected to my MacBook. When I click the main 1P window to unlock my vault, the pop-up often appears on a different monitor and doesn't always receive focus. This is a constant annoyance. Anyone figure out how to fix this problem or is it just an accepted defect?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.22 (81022040)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 14.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• selvirino
    selvirino
    Community Member
    Options

To clarify, the pop-up is required for me to unlock 1Password. :-)

• Hello @selvirino! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing 1Password appear on the wrong monitor when unlocking the app. We do have an issue open to investigate instances of 1Password opening on the wrong screen and I'd like to learn more to confirm whether you're affected by that issue:

1. When the issue occurs, are you unlocking 1Password using Touch ID, your Apple Watch, or your account password?
    2. Is it the 1Password app itself that is appearing on the wrong screen? Or the macOS Touch ID prompt? Can you post a screenshot of the prompt that is appearing on the wrong screen?
    3. When the issue occurs, do you have any fullscreen windows of Safari or another app open?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• selvirino
    selvirino
    Community Member
    Options

1. Touch ID
    2. macOS Touch ID prompt
    3. I do have fullscreen windows open but I'm not using them -- just the main 1 Password window
  • @selvirino

Thank you for the reply. If you close all of the fullscreen windows and then try to unlock 1Password, do you see the same issue? Or does the prompt appear on the right display?

Can you also check to see if you've assigned 1Password to a particular display by right-clicking on the 1Password icon from your Dock at the bottom of the screen and then checking Options > Assign To?

-Dave

• selvirino
    selvirino
    Community Member
    Options

I see the same issue if I close out of fullscreen. However, I had not assigned a desktop to the application. I just tried that. I'll see if that fixes the issue. Thanks!

• On behalf of Dave, you're welcome.

• selvirino
    selvirino
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I assigned the application to a monitor but the unlock window opens on random other monitors. I was so hopeful but the problem persists.

• @selvirino

I'm sorry that the suggestion didn't help. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• selvirino
    selvirino
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Dave. I did as you instructed. My support ID is [#QTU-17489-977].

• Thanks @selvirino - I've located your email and a member of the team will be in touch soon.

ref: QTU-17489-977