extension for DuckDuckGo browser?

Options
HelenBubz
HelenBubz
Community Member

Is there such a beast? I’m having to paste passwords into logins and it’s a pain in the neck. I’m posting this here simply because I’m a mac user but I dare say users of 1Password on other operating systems also use 1Password and DuckDuckGo’s browser.

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 14.2
Browser: DuckDuckGo

Comments

• Hello @HelenBubz! 👋

Thank you for the question! DuckDuckGo's browser doesn't support browser extensions, that support would need to be built first before 1Password in the browser would work there. I would suggest letting DuckDuckGo know that you'd like to see extensions introduced in the future. I've also let our team know that you'd be interested in seeing 1Password in DuckDuckGo.

That being said, you can already fill logins into DuckDuckGo (or any browser) on the Mac even without an extension by using Universal Autofill: Use Universal Autofill in apps and browsers on your Mac

1Password Version: 8.7.1

This isn't related to your question but I noticed that you're using an old version of 1Password, the current version is 8.10.22. I recommend updating: How to keep 1Password up to date

-Dave

ref: PB-37426759

• HelenBubz
    HelenBubz
    Community Member
    Options

How secure are logins using Autofill? One major reason I’m switching to the Duck is because of leaving tracks everywhere. I’ve had enough.

By the way - when I checked the version of 1Password I saw it had already checked for updates! I’ve just done a manual check and it still says it’s up-to-date!

• @HelenBubz

Thanks for the reply. Universal Autofill has been engineered for security and is safe to use. Not only do apps require a valid code signature before 1Password will fill into them but 1Password will also only fill into apps and websites that match the Login that you're filling.

By the way - when I checked the version of 1Password I saw it had already checked for updates! I’ve just done a manual check and it still says it’s up-to-date!

It sounds like something went wrong with the update process on your Mac and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. The steps below will get you up and running with the latest version of 1Password from our website (don't worry, your data is stored in a separate location and is safe):

1. Quit all open web browsers.
    2. Open the main 1Password app. Right-click on the 1Password menubar icon and then click Quit.
    3. Drag 1Password from the Applications folder to the Trash. Do not use an "app cleaner" or "uninstaller" tool to remove the app or additional files. If prompted, enter the password you use to sign in to your Mac.
    4. Restart your Mac.
    5. Download the latest version of 1Password from the 1Password website.
    6. Quit any open web browsers and then install 1Password.
    7. Open and unlock 1Password before opening your web browser.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

-Dave