"Unlock" window flashes and disappears when browser extension icon clicked

Options
treegarden
treegarden
Community Member

Same thing when clicking the 1Password icon in a username or password field in a web site. (I have a screen recording but can't attach it here; please advise if there's a way to post it.) Browser extension is unusable.

1Password Version: 8.10.22
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: macOS 14.1.2
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Hey there @treegarden

I see from the footer of your message that you're using Firefox. Have you been able to try any other browsers with 1Password to see if the same thing happens?

You can see which browsers are supported, and download the 1Password browser extension from here:

1Password – Downloads – Web browser

Let me know how that goes, and we'll be here to help if needs be. :)

— Grey

• treegarden
    treegarden
    Community Member
    Options

I've been using the extension with Firefox for quite some time, and I only have the problem on my personal Mac Mini. No issues on my work MacBook Pro (macOS Sonoma 14.1.2, M1 chip).

• @treegarden

Thank you for the reply. Can you check to see if 1Password is allowed to run in the background on your Mac Mini:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on 1Password next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click Settings.
    4. Click General.
    5. Make sure that "Keep 1Password in the menu bar" is turned on.

If the option is already turned on, or turning it on makes no difference, then please restart your Mac and try to reproduce the issue again. If that still doesn't work then let me know and I can help further.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#22007

• treegarden
    treegarden
    Community Member
    Options

Well...after another reboot, the behavior is back to normal. Thanks for the help. I'll repost if it happens again!

• @treegarden

I'm happy that everything is working again. 🙂

-Dave