1Password asking for login too often iPad & iPhone

Options
Sonoran049
Sonoran049
Community Member

I have 1P on my iPad & iPhone which is working fine except that it asks me to input master password like every 2-3 days. I have Touch ID enabled on my Pad and face ID enabled on my Phone. Why so often? Can I stop it from asking so often?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPad OS 17
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @Sonoran049! 👋

I'm sorry that you're being prompted for your account password more often than expected. Can you check the following setting on both your iPhone and iPad:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings. (If you’re using an iPad, tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.)
    3. Tap Security.
    4. Set "Require password:" for a longer period such as "Every 2 weeks".

Let me know if that helps. 🙂

-Dave

• Sonoran049
    Sonoran049
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Dave. Both devices were set to for 2 weeks so I reset it for 30 days. Even when it was set at 2 weeks, it usually required the pwd conjunction every 5-10 days.

• @Sonoran049

Thank you for the reply. The next time that you're prompted for your account password, to help me better understand the situation, I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing and attach it to your reply:

Make sure that nothing sensitive is visible in the screenshot. Do not post your account password.

-Dave