"Easy to remember" password is not so easy to remember -- suggestion

Options
gabrieljcs
gabrieljcs
Community Member

When creating a new password, there's a neat feature of creating an "easy to remember" password.

However, for non-English speaking people, remembering 4 (or more) random English words could be as hard as a bunch of random characters -- this is the only reason I'm not using this feature currently.

My suggestion is for 1Password to use a dictionary according to the user's language (hopefully even the system's dictionary could be used) to generate that password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• @gabrieljcs

I'd be happy to mention this to the team on your behalf. I don't want to get your hopes up. The previous feature requests have not been fruitful. I'll keep letting the team know this is important to you. Thank you for sharing.

ref: PB-35655807

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

@ag_tommy Tell the team you took great efforts to faithfully translate the whole 1Password app suite into many foreign languages. But the translation is incomplete. This password dictionary isn't translated. Please complete the translation. I don't want to be rude, but I feel it kind of arrogant to decide one part should be translated, but another part is not important enough to also be translated. You're English speaking, it's no problem for you. But for us.

I know there is more to it - equal distribution for strong combinations and the absence of offensive words in a language foreign to you. But please provide a complete translation, not only a part of it.

You're as helpless finding offensive words in a translated dictionary as we are helpless with using passwords in a foreign language. It's a real problem for us customers to not have an English dictionary. It lowers the value of one type of passwords you provide, thus lowering security for non English customers.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Tertius3

I understand that memorable passwords in other languages are important to you. I see that Tommy has already passed along your feedback from a previous thread to our product team. I've let the team know that you're still eager to see the memorable password wordlist be made available in other languages.

Thank you for your continued feedback. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-37668604