Safari Extension goes missing several times a day

Options
BrianAMartin221
BrianAMartin221
Community Member
edited December 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

It feels like every time I need to use my Safari Extension its missing from the toolbar and also Safari > Extensions menu. So I need to open the Mac app do to Help > Troubleshooting > Troubleshooting>Fix Missing Safari Extension. It was happening every once in a while a few weeks ago but since the Safari Extenion update last week its several times a day.

That always works to re-add but than I need to go thru the Allow on every website step and the "I'm All set" and it's becoming frustrating to even try and use 1Password with Safari.

I am running
macOS Monterey 12.7.1
Safari 17.2
1Password for mac 8.10.22
1Password for Safari- 2.18.2

1Password Version: 8.10.22
Extension Version: 2.18.2
OS Version: macOS 12.7.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• @BrianAMartin221

I apologize for the trouble. I'd like to have you talk with one of our extensions folks to get a better understanding. I haven't seen this specific issue in some time now, so getting you into email support would be the best option for gathering any logs or diagnostic reports. Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

• @CliffGudgeon

I apologize I'm not sure I follow you. Can you expand on this?

The safari extension no longer offer you an option to add your password.

You might also try the following:

During an update, the communication between the browser extensions and the app is severed by macOS. The following steps will restart that connection.

1. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (Option-click or Control-click) on the helper and select Quit.
    2. Fully quit your browser. There should be no light on underneath the Dock icon.
    3. Empty the trash to ensure that no previous copies of 1Password in the browser are present.
    4. Check the Mac App Store to ensure you have the latest version of 1Password for Safari. If needed update 1Password for Safari to the latest version.
    5. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock.
    6. Open your browser.
    7. Check for proper operation.
  • Thank you for the update @CliffGudgeon.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.