Auto Locking after a few seconds

2»

Comments

• abjj45
    abjj45
    Community Member

I am also having this same issue with 1password very quickly locking when used over mac Screen Sharing with High Performance enabled. It is very frustrating and I would really like to see a fix to this bug.

• @abjj45

I'm sorry that you're running into the same issue, this is still in our developer's queue to look into further. Do the following steps help you workaround the issue:

1. Set the auto-lock timer in 1Password on the remote system to 1 hour: How to set 1Password to lock automatically
    2. Connect to the remote system using standard screen-sharing, instead of high-performance.
    3. Set the auto-lock timer in 1Password on the remote system to Never.
    4. Connect to the remote system using high-performance screen-sharing again.
    5. Set the auto-lock timer in 1Password on the remote system to your preference again.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#26064

• flybynight27
    flybynight27
    Community Member

Chiming in to follow. Also having the auto-lock after a few seconds issue with macOS high performance screen sharing.

If it helps, I had the issue on macOS 14 and 1Password 7, then upgraded to Sequoia and still had the issue, so I tried upgrading to 1Password 8… and still have the issue. It was to the point where I couldn't enter my password to transfer my stuff from 1PW 7 fast enough before it auto-locked. So I went looking and found this thread.

It does seem to work OK with regular, old fashioned screen sharing. But the high-performance screen sharing is so good that I don't want to work without it.

Hope you can figure this out soon. Does the fact that it was around for 1PW 7 provide any clues?

Thanks!

• flybynight27
    flybynight27
    Community Member

Also, @Dave_1P I tried going through the steps you provided on 8/13… and I'm still having the issue in high-performance screen sharing after that.

• @flybynight27

Thank you for those details, I'm sorry that the workaround doesn't work for you. I've passed this along to our development team in the internal work item open for the issue so that they're aware.

-Dave

• dicarsio
    dicarsio
    Community Member

@Dave_1P I'm having the same issue. It doesn't matter if I have the dynamic option enabled or disabled. Seems to have started when I got the Sequoia update (the older MacOS version didn't have any issues).

Also tried your steps of disabled/switching disabling dynamic, etc. and nothing works. Had to disable the auto-locking which is a significant security issue.

Can you please let us know what's the priority on this bug? This is a security issue, should be prioritized over features imo.

Thank you

• @dicarsio

I'm sorry that you're also running into the issue and that the steps shared for a potential workaround didn't work for you. Can you clarify the following:

1. What specific symptoms are you seeing? Is 1Password locking too quickly? Or not locking when expected?
    2. Can you reproduce the issue if screen sharing is set to "Standard" screen-sharing?

-Dave

• dicarsio
    dicarsio
    Community Member

@Dave_1P, thanks, please see below:

1. 1Password locks in less than 10 seconds after unlocking it.
    2. it is reproducible in both standard and dynamic screen sharing modes.