1Password becomes active app on entry to Chrome

Options
dawncoyote
dawncoyote
Community Member

I've been using 1Password successfully for about a month.
Since I restarted my Mac (Mini, 2012, Catalina 10.15.7), 1Password (8.10.213) becomes the active app under at least 3 scenarios:
1) use command-tab to switch to Chrome from any other app: I end up in 1Password and need to command-tab a 2nd time to get to Chrome
2) create a new window using command-n: I end up in the app and need to click on the Chrome window
3) I click on a link, as from an email. The link opens then 1Password becomes the active app.

Just figured out that it seems I can fix this by turning off the setting to "Keep 1Password in Menu Bar", and maybe that's all I need to do, but that's a new behavior: the icon has been present on the menu bar from the beginning.

1Password Version: 8.10.23
Extension Version: 2.19.0
OS Version: macOS10.15.7
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• dawncoyote
    dawncoyote
    Community Member
    Options

Taking the icon off the menu bar fixes the problem. Putting it back on the menu bar does not bring it back. Restarting the computer has not brought the problem back.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@dawncoyote

I'm sorry that you're seeing issues with 1Password being focused incorrectly. Just to confirm: after you turned the menu bar icon off and then back on, and restarted your Mac, are you still able to reproduce the issue? Or does it appear to be resolved for now?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• dawncoyote
    dawncoyote
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Dave
    Turning the menu bar icon off fixed the problem. I then tried putting the icon back on the menu and also restarted the computer. Neither action brought the issue back.
    I'd call it resolved for now and will get back in touch if anything else happens.

Another Dave

• Dave_1P
    edited January 8
    Options

Sounds good! If the issue does come back then let me know and I can investigate further. 🙂

-Dave