Chrome ios shows both private and public vaults in dropdown

Options
Leicapie
Leicapie
Community Member

When I use Chrome in iOS the dropdown menu shows options for both my private and shared vaults. On my windows desktop I have the option of telling the extension to choose which vaults are shown (right click on 1password in toolbar/settings/accounts and vaults). How do I do this on iOS?

1Password Version: iPadOS 8.10.23
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @Leicapie! ๐Ÿ‘‹

Thanks for the question! When using AutoFill to fill into Chrome on iOS you can choose which vaults are used by following these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings. (If youโ€™re using an iPad, tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.)
    3. Tap AutoFill.
    4. Set "Show filling suggestions from" to the appropriate collection.

If you need to create a collection of vaults to use then this guide will help: Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

Let me know if you run into any issues.

-Dave

• Leicapie
    Leicapie
    Community Member
    Options

That worked. I didn't know I had to create a collection since you don't need to do that with the desktop extension. Thanks.

• Dave_1P
    edited January 15
    Options

@Leicapie

I'm happy to help. We're hoping to make the experience more consistent in the future. Stay tuned! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

• Leicapie
    Leicapie
    Community Member
    Options

That would really make things easier. I'm working with windows, android and ios and it has been a challenge to get everyone in my family working with same passwords.

• @Leicapie

I'm sorry for the friction caused by the different user experiences on different platforms. I've shared your feedback with the team internally.

Thank you for helping us make 1Password better. ๐Ÿ’™

-Dave

ref: PB-37808745