Autofill quit working

Options
anderdan
anderdan
Community Member
edited January 18 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm no computer expert, so let's get that on the table right away! I used to be able to go to a website Sign In page and click on "User Name"... and if 1Password was open, it would pull up the name of whatever website I was attempting to sign into. I'd simply click on that and it would autofill in my User Name and Password as needed. Also... I have my credit card in 1Password and whenever I needed to fill in my credit card info, I would get a prompt from 1Password and I could click on "Allow" and 1Password would fill out all of the required credit card info. Now... all of a sudden, nothing works! I went through all of the settings and can't figure out anything that is not set up to use autofill. One of the windows says my browser extension is not set up, but everywhere else it appears to be installed and working. I'm pretty frustrated. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!

Dan

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• anderdan
    anderdan
    Community Member
    Options

Oh sorry! I didn't enter some of the info: 1Password Version: 8.10.23 Extension Version: 2.19.0 OS Version: Monterey 12.7.2 Browser: Safari

• Hello @anderdan! 👋

I'm sorry that you're unable to fill using 1Password for Safari. As a quick first step can you try the following:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon at the top of your Mac's screen and then click Quit. Wait until the icon disappears.
    3. Double-click on 1Password from your Mac's Applications folder.
    4. Open your web browser.

If that doesn't work then can you open Safari, click Safari next to the  in the menu bar, click Settings > Extensions, and verify that 1Password for Safari is installed and turned on here?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave