Reconciling & merging Vaults

Options
howardm19
howardm19
Community Member
edited January 30 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I'm using 1Password version 6 on my Mac laptop.

I'm not sure how this happened, but I have the Vaults -- I cannot recall how I managed to have more than one. I don't understand the difference between Primary and Personal -- shown in the attached screenshot.

When I updated my Firefox browser, all my extensions, etc., were removed (I don't know why). When I restored the extensions, including the 1Password extension, it didn't accept my usual "default" 1Password password. I had to use the password for my Personal vault.

Anyway, how do I "merge/simplify" all these Vaults without losing any saved data I have in 1Password ?

Thanks a lot!

Howard

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: macOS 12.7
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• @howardm19

Primary = non membership aka syncing via a 3rd party like iCloud or Dropbox.

Personal = a 1Password.com membership. Syncing via 1Password.com.

My suggestion would be to move all of the data (not already present) into the Personal vault and remove the Primary. That way all of your data will be available and backed up using 1Password.com.

Move and copy items

We have folks on the team who can assist you. Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

Include the following:

Your user name here in the forum. howardm19
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/144224/reconciling-merging-vaults#latest

This will help us connect the dots as they say.

• howardm19
    howardm19
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Thanks.

I have 1) moved all my needed items to Personal using 1Password app on my laptop and 2) verified that they are all there in my Personal vault at 1password.com

What is the best way to now delete the Primary vault ?

Howard

• @howardm19

In the 1Password 6 menu from the menu bar select switch to Primary. Then you should see delete Primary vault available just below the switch menu option. Please be sure you've got everything moved over to the Personal vault. I know you mentioned that. I just want to be careful. Measure twice and cut once sort of thing. :)

• ag_tommy
    edited January 31
    Options

@howardm19

You will likely be prompted for your password. This is the password you use to access the Primary vault. It should not be the password you use to access 1Password.com. Be sure you know that password for 1Password.com.

• howardm19
    howardm19
    Community Member
    Options

@ ag_tommy

Thanks!

All's now well.

Howard

• That's excellent news. Have a great day.