Quality issues, unreliable

Options
todotwo
todotwo
Community Member

Just wanting to voice that 1password seems to have serious quality issues nowadays. Being a user since many years, I observe issues that do not necessarily improve my trust in 1password anymore.

• Error on launch: "The application “1Password” is not open anymore."
  • Safari plugin never works right away (even if logged in via the app, I have to login again. Sometimes Browser restart needed)
  • Occasionally I get a strange page when opening 1password, that looks like a web page (just black text on white) that tells something could not be loaded or something. Restart of app needed.

This is all on Mac.

For iOS the experience in the browser is super annoying. If you entered the pass once, it asks again for every login (does not remember logged-in status for x minutes or something). This is the case since ever and never got improved.

Just wanted to voice as an not so happy user.

Typically great support though.

Hope the quality will improve again.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Sonoma, recent
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @todotwo - Thanks for taking the time to write in and bring these issues to our attention. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble that you're having. It definitely sounds like something isn't working as expected on your Mac and I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report so that we can take a closer look:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/144232/quality-issues-unreliable
    • Your forum username: todotwo

You'll receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant which contains a Support ID number.  Please post that number here and I'll make sure that your report reaches the right team.

Regarding your experience on iOS: it sounds like you're using the 1Password integration with iOS Password AutoFill. It is expected behaviour that you'll need to unlock 1Password each time that you fill a Login in this way, but unlocking with Face or Touch ID will mean that you won't need to enter you account password in order to do this. If you're having any trouble with Face or Touch ID, let me know in the email that you send in and I can take a closer look at that too.

If you use Safari on iOS, you can enable 1Password for Safari, which doesn't require unlocking each time a Login is autofilled: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

• todotwo
    todotwo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the answer. Just did that. This is the ID: [#MVM-73164-544]

Cheers

• Thanks @todotwo

ref: MVM-73164-544