Sharing Login credentials with another 1P user

Options
kappabear
kappabear
Community Member

Hi there,

I'd like to share a login credential with my girlfriend. We're both paid members, but not members of the same "family." We are running 1P on MacOS and iOS devices. I used the Share sheet to send the credentials to her, and she had to open the link in Safari, and then manually create and copy the credentials to a new Login item that she created.

Is there any way to Copy or Share the credentials with her and automatically have 1Password create a new item Login item in the app?

(I looked at the Support site but didn't find an option for my question.)

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited February 6
    Options

@kappabear

If she's using 1Password the option should be present to copy the credentials to her account.

Securely share 1Password items with anyone

The prompt might not have displayed in a browser, that's all that comes to mind. Which browser was in use? Has she tried another? Was she signed in into 1Password? It might be the option did not show because we had no idea she had a membership.

• kappabear
    kappabear
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

She was using Safari on her iPad, and was not logged into 1Password.com.

Thanks!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@kappabear

Thanks for the reply. As long as she has 1Password for Safari turned on, your girlfriend should see the Save in 1Password button when accessing a shared link using Safari on her iPad:

If she doesn't see the button then try these steps to make sure that 1Password for Safari is setup correctly: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

Let me know if that doesn't work.

-Dave