Chrome extension authentication issue on Chromebook

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Why does 1Password keep locking me out?.

Comments

• moblgrl
    moblgrl
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem with the Chrome extension (on a chromebook). It started happening for me over the weekend when viewing a YouTube video and now it happens dozens of times in a day. This is so annoying!

• Hi @moblgrl,

I’m sorry that you’re running into trouble when using 1Password on your Chromebook. I’ve split your comment into a new thread so that we can focus on what you’re seeing on your Chromebook. Since the Chromebook only supports our browser extension the issue that you’re running into will be different from the issue in the other thread.

May I confirm some details of your 1Password extensions settings so I can get a better understanding of the issue? Please open Chrome and unlock 1Password there. Then, right-click (ctrl + click) on the 1Password icon and select Settings. Can you check the followings:

• Under the "General" section, do you have the "Integrate this extension with the 1Password desktop app" option enabled?
    • Under the "Security" section, do you have the "Automatically lock 1Password" option deselected?
    • Under the "About" section, can you confirm the version number of the extension?
    • May I confirm if you have MFA enabled for your 1Password account? If so, can you tell me if it is Duo 2FA?

I know that this is a lot of questions but they’ll help me to better understand the situation and work towards a solution that will get everything working again on your end. I look forward to hearing from you.

-Kevin

• moblgrl
    moblgrl
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Kevin,

• I do not have the Integrate w/desktop app option enabled
    • I do not currently have automatically lock 1Password enabled. However, earlier in the week when I first started having this problem I may have turned this off. I don't recall.
    • 1Password browser extension version 2.20.0; 22000002, on STABLE channel
    • Yes, I do have MFA enabled, not Duo

Thanks for your help!

• kevin.li
    edited February 8
    Options

Hi @moblgrl,

Thanks for the additional info. That's super helpful.

I can confirm you're experiencing a known issue we're investigating and the info you provided will help our developers to find the fix. Thank you again.

While waiting for the fix to be released, I'd like to offer a potential workaround:

1. Open your browser and unlock 1Password in the browser.
    2. Right-click (ctrl + click) the 1Password icon the in toolbar and select "Settings".
    3. Go to the "Security" section.
    4. Enable the "Automatically lock 1Password" and set the idle time to your preferences.

Turning on the auto-lock settings in the extension might help to prevent the authentication issue. Can you give it a try and let me know how it goes?

Looking forward to your update.

-Kevin

ref: dev/core/core#27421