login details not accepted

Options
rickwexler
rickwexler
Community Member
edited February 15 in Windows

I have several users on the same Windows 10 PC and have access to 1Password on one of the users so I can access the secret code and password. When I try to set up 1Password on a different user on the same PC, I get a message telling me that I can't be logged in because the details are wrong. Yet I just copied the same details from the other user.

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: windows 10 10.0.19045
Browser: Firefox 122.0.1 (64 bit)

Comments

• Hello @rickwexler! 👋

I'm sorry that you're unable to sign into the 1Password desktop app on your Windows PC. Can you sign in if you type the Secret Key and account password manually rather than copying and pasting them in?

If you can't then can you tell me if you're able to log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

P.S. I've removed the image from your post since it contained an email address and I wasn't sure if you wanted that posted publicly.

• rickwexler
    rickwexler
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for responding and for removing my email address. I didn't realize it was there until after I posted.

I tried logging in by typing my password (with and without the "-") which I've seen make a difference before but unfortunately not in this case.

I AM able to log in from the browser. I hope this gives you a clue!

• rickwexler
    rickwexler
    Community Member
    Options

Dave - Do you have any updates aboout my inquiry? Thanks, Rick

• @rickwexler

My apologies for the delay in responding. Try this alternate method to add the account to the 1Password app:

1. In your browser, sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
    2. Click your name in the top right and choose Get the Apps.
    3. Click "Add your account directly" and allow your browser to open 1Password. You'll see your account details in the app.
    4. Enter your 1Password account password and click Sign In.

If that still doesn't work, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• rickwexler
    rickwexler
    Community Member
    Options

Dave - The alternate method described above to add the account failed with the same error. Therefore I need to send the Diagnostic Report.

Your instructions said to send the 1pdiagnostics file in a separate email which I did but the web instructions said to include it in the public reply which I did NOT based on your advice.

I should point out the 1pdiagnostics file could only be generated from the user which already can access 1Password. I can't create a 1pdiagnostics file from the other user because I can't access 1Password.

I sure hope all this makes sense to you. Thanks!

Rick

• @rickwexler

Thank you for sending in the diagnostics report, I'm sorry that the instructions weren't as clear as they could have been.

One of my colleagues will send you a reply via email as soon as possible, please continue the conversation there. To prevent duplication of efforts, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: MIK-52685-524

This discussion has been closed.