Biometric unlock does not work sometimes

Options
franksands
franksands
Community Member

Hi, here are the specs:
Samsung A54 5G (SM-A546E/DS) running Android 14
1Password version 8.10.24 (81024044 Production channel)

The A54 has the fingerprint sensor under the screen, so there is an image of a fingerprint in the screen where you need to put the finger for it to work.

The problem is that since the phone was updated to Android 14, sometimes this fingerprint image is displayed a lot brighter and then the app does not recognize my fingerprint.
This is not something that happens all the time. Most of the time, I restart the app and the biometric unlock works.

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 14
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @franksands! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble when using your fingerprint to unlock 1Password. Can you tell me if you also run into this issue when unlocking the Android phone itself using your fingerprint? Or when using your fingerprint with other apps other than 1Password?

Althought it likely won't affect the issue that you're reporting, I do recommend that you update to version 8.10.26 which is the latest version: How to keep 1Password up to date

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• Rivadi_NL
    Rivadi_NL
    Community Member
    Options

Sometimes I have the same problem. I need to close the app and restart it.

• franksands
    franksands
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave, this was only with the Android 1Password app. It stopped happening in the last week or so 😅

The app is now on version 8.10.26, so whatever was happening with version 24 stopped happening. Thanks for the response

• @franksands

Thank you for letting me know that 8.10.26 appears to resolve the issue.

@Rivadi_NL

Can you update to the latest version of 1Password 8 for Android and let me know if you still see the issue: How to keep 1Password up to date

-Dave