Edge extension login

Options
rajkej
rajkej
Community Member
edited February 9 in 1Password in the Browser

When I use MS Edge on Windows 11 and click the 1password extension icon, I get a login window. This window looks like 1password but is a smaller version. I start typing my login password and then the 1password application pops up with the login window (e.g. the larger version as if I had opened the 1password application). This is annoying to me. It seems odd that the extension would open a window and accept my typing for a login password and then override that about 2-4 seconds later with another login window (where I have to go and erase all the typing I did because who knows how much of the password I typed made it into the first screen vs the second one...).

Is there some setting I can change to prevent this from happening? i.e. a 'always use 1password application' checkbox somewhere?

I do not have 'Windows Hello' enabled in 1password.

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: 2.20.0
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Edge

Comments

• Hey @rajkej, thank you for writing in! I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

The behaviour you described is a known issue. Our development team has recently fixed this issue, and it's available in the beta version of the 1Password desktop app.

While we can't give an exact timeframe on when the fix will be available in the stable version, any updates will be posted on our website if you are interested -> 1Password Releases.

I hope that helps, @rajkej. Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

-Evon

ref:#26763