Items list keeps automatically scrolling to top

Options
mfilej
mfilej
Community Member

I'm going through the list of all items in my Personal vault and cleaning things up (I don't see a count of items, but it goes back to 2008).

The issue I'm having is that the list somehow automatically scrolls to the top without any input from me. I can't pinpoint an exact time, but I'd say it takes a minute or so. Sometimes it does it right as I'm about to click on something, while other times it happens when the app window is behind other windows.

The scroll always happens to the very top of the list. I tried switching the sort order to Oldest First and now it goes up to the oldest item.

Happy to provide more info if I can.

1Password Version: 8.10.24 (81024044)
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: 14.3 (23D56)
Browser: n/a

Comments

• Hello @mfilej! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing the item list jump unexpectedly. So that I can better understand the situation can you tell me the last action that you performed in 1Password before the list position jumped the last time? Can you also tell me if you can reproduce the issue by right-clicking on an item (without selecting it) and then choosing to delete, move, or archive the item?

I would also be interested in knowing if you're using any special keyboard or mice. I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#13516

• mfilej
    mfilej
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P!

I've done some more pruning and I can now answer all your questions :)

I'm using a Magic Trackpad, Keychron K6 Pro, and a Logitech gaming mouse with a USB dongle connected to Apple's USB-C to USB-A adapter. So not completely standard, but not too exotic either. After reading your comment I immediately disconnected and turned off all of the mentioned peripherals.

It took about 15 min for the issue to reoccur, but it did just now (yesterday it was happening much more often).

The last thing I did before it happened was edit an email field, then cmd-tab away to Safari. When I cmd-tabbed back to 1Password, I saw it scroll to the top in front of my eyes (but no input on my side, other than the cmd-tab that took the 1Password window to the front).

I can say that this is not always the case - I've seen it happen when my last action was deleting or archiving an item, and I've also seen it happen when the window has been in front for a couple of seconds (so not immediately after cmd-tabbing).

Can you also tell me if you can reproduce the issue by right-clicking on an item (without selecting it) and then choosing to delete, move, or archive the item?

I can't. I tried a couple of times and the issue does not seem to occur in this case.

I will also mention that the scroll to top is immediate - no animation or anything.

This is all that comes to mind for now, but I'm happy to do some more tests. I thought about recording a video, but it is difficult given the sensitive nature of the data.

-Miha

• mfilej
    mfilej
    Community Member
    Options

Just to add another data point: again it took about 15 minutes to reoccur, but this time I did not see it scroll to the top - it was already there when I cmd-tabbed back. And before I cmd-tabbed away in the first place I clicked on the password field to copy it. So it seems not to be related to a specific action that I perform.

• @mfilej

Thank you for the detailed reply. I haven't yet been able to reproduce the issue on my own Mac but I'll keep trying. The next time that the issue occurs, so that we can investigate further, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• mfilej
    mfilej
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Roger, will do!

• @mfilej

Thank you! When you do send in the diagnostics report, post the Support ID here and I'll make sure that it gets to the right team. The Support ID will be in the subject line of any replies that you receive from us and looks like this: [#ABC-12345-678].

-Dave