1password app vanished

Options
binkynova
binkynova
Community Member
edited February 9 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Bear with me. I'm 80 years old and not the genius I was at 30. Easily confused in other words.

This morning I was shocked to see big ? where the 1password icon used to be in my dock. App was gone. Thanks to this group I found and downloaded ver 7 which I think was the last version I had running on my Mac and all my iOS devices. I installed it and it loaded automatically with all my passwords which I store on dropbox. I breathed a sigh of relief. But I noticed that there's a slightly different appearance, I don't remember seeing anything about "primary" or "on icloud". The main thing is I don't see a plus sign so that I can add passwords.

I am runningVentura on an iPad.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• binkynova
    binkynova
    Community Member
    Options

Now I see that the app on my iPad has also changed. I am worried.

• Hello @binkynova! 👋

I'm sorry that the 1Password app disappeared on your Mac, that definitely isn't right and the team and I can help make sure that everything is working properly on your end going forward. As a start, can you please tell me the following:

1. Do you have a 1Password subscription or are you using an older license for 1Password 7? Or is your license for a previous version of 1Password?
    2. If you have a 1Password subscription then can you see your items when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?
    3. If you don't have a 1Password subscription then can you confirm whether you were using Dropbox or iCloud to sync a standalone vault before the app disappeared?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• binkynova
    binkynova
    Community Member
    edited February 9
    Options
    1. No subscription. I've updated 1password a number of times so I'm not sure about the licensing information.

2. I use Dropbox to sync with my iPhone and iPad

It appears that I first licensed 1password 3

-Brian

• @binkynova

Thank you for the reply. Since 1Password 7 and legacy Dropbox sync are both no longer supported, I suggest that you migrate to our modern 1Password membership and 1Password 8. We have a dedicated migration team that can help you do this and make sure that all of your items are backed up and available on all of your devices.

I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com to reach the team so that they can help further. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• binkynova
    binkynova
    Community Member
    Options

NWI-43528-236

• @binkynova

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I've located your ticket and moved it to the right team, one of my colleagues will send you an reply as soon as possible. Keep an eye on your inbox.

Since we have a communications channel open via email, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: NWI-43528-236

This discussion has been closed.