Auto-type for Windows - now available in Labs (Nightly)

Options
AG_Travis
edited February 12 in Windows

Happy Monday folks!

I wanted to let our avid 1Password for Windows users know that we've just added the ability to auto-type your logins through Quick Access! Fill and submit your username and password into any standard login form - including desktop applications, terminals, VMs and more - with the use of a handy shortcut. If you have 2FA added to the login, we'll even copy the one-time code into your clipboard for you!

To turn it on, you have to be on the current Nightly build of 1Password for Windows (coming to Beta and Stable versions soon), go to Settings, select Labs in the left sidebar, select Auto-type and toggle the feature on. You'll now have the ability to auto-type any login into any selected field(s) through Quick Access (Ctrl+Shift+Space). It should appear as the default action for logins, but you can always activate Auto-type by hitting Shift+Enter.

There are some things to note about Auto-type. This is NOT Universal Autofill for Windows - it won't detect fields or provide suggestions, but after using it over the past few weeks, it gets close to the same magic feeling. Once you invoke Quick Access and find the login you'd like to fill, you'll see the Auto-type option appear as the default (Enter) action. Once you activate, we will type your username into the currently selected field, press Tab, type your password, and press enter. If you have 2FA enabled and stored in the login item, we'll copy it to your clipboard so you can paste it yourself.

Right now, we're looking for feedback to see if this functionality is useful and should be promoted out of Labs to all 1Password for Windows Stable builds. If you give it a try, please fill out this survey so we can continue to fine tune the feature.

I hope you all have a wonderful week and I look forward to hearing from those who've tried this. Cheers!