Can log into 1password.com, but can't access app on Mac

Options
Koa
Koa
Community Member
edited February 20 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Macos Sonoma
1Password version 7.9.11

We have a new computer for one of our employees. She already has an account in the Family plan. She can access her account at 1Password.com, but she can't login to the 1Password application on the new Mac.

We could not do a migration of data from the old computer to the new computer, for reasons I don't need to get into here. We had to do a complete new install of everything.

When she logs into 1Password.com, all of her items are online in the browser. Using her password that gets her into 1Password.com, she can't get the app on her Mac to accept the password.

How can this be resolved?

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 7.9.11
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 14.3.1
Browser: Firefox, Safari, Brave, Edge, Chrome, Opera

Comments

• Hello @Koa! 👋

I'm sorry that your employee isn't able to unlock 1Password 7 for Mac. With the launch of 1Password 8 for Mac, 1Password 7 for Mac is no longer supported. Can you have your employee installed 1Password 8 and add their account there: Upgrade to 1Password 8

Since she already has a 1Password account, the upgrade is available at no additional cost. If you run into the same issue with 1Password 8 then please let me know and I can help further. 🙂

-Dave

• Koa
    Koa
    Community Member
    Options

Dave,

Thank you for the response. We can't upgrade to version 8 of 1Password yet because we have standalone vaults. We are sorting this out, and in the meantime we need to stay on version 7.

I followed the instructions on resetting the app from this link:
    https://support.1password.com/cs/starting-over/

Trashing the file in the Library > Group Containers did the trick. This got me back to the beginning screen for setting up 1Password. Information was entered and it is up and running. All the entries on 1Password server were in the desktop app.

All is good now.

Thanks!

• @Koa

I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue!

When you’re ready to migrate the standalone vaults to your 1Password account, our dedicated migration team can help with step-by-step instructions. You can reach them by sending an email to: support@1Password.com :)