Universal Autofill doesn't fill into menu bar pop-ups

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Native Password AutoFill Extension macOS.

Comments

• snowy
    snowy
    Community Member
    Options

Just as note here Quick Access can't seem to autofill into apps that are menubar items. If the menubar item uses a popover and you need to enter a password say into a VPN (experienced this today). Quick Access won't or can't fill into it. Also doesn't indicate in anyway it didn't work either.

However, VPNs mark these fields as a password box and you get Native Autofill suggestion. In this situation you have to resort to copy and pasting.

• @snowy

I'm split your comment into a new thread so that we can discuss this separately. I'm sorry that you're unable to fill logins into certain menu bar pop-ups. So that I can file issues to get this resolved can you tell me the names of the apps that you're having trouble with?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• snowy
    snowy
    Community Member
    Options

Global protect is the most recent one I experienced in.

• snowy
    snowy
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P also where should you report places where Quick Access fails to autofill? I have encountered a few websites where autofill will work on Firefox but not Chrome as an example.

Also I get the browser extension thing, but thats not what i am looking for here. I work between different browsers, applications etc... and that's the point of being able to use Quick Access. It is "universal".

• @snowy

Thanks for the reply. I don't see an internal issue yet for Global Protect, so that we can get one filed can you please reproduce the issue one more time and then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

also where should you report places where Quick Access fails to autofill? I have encountered a few websites where autofill will work on Firefox but not Chrome as an example.

You can report these to our support team in the same ticket that will be opened when you send in your diagnostics report. 🙂

-Dave

• snowy
    snowy
    Community Member
    edited February 23
    Options

Hey just as a clarfication.
    In addition to the GlobalProtect failure. I figure i should name the report "globalprotect-app-fail".

should i do separate diagnostics for each attempt of autofill that fails? and one where it works in the case of the websites?

Example:
    Chrome - website-autofill fails
    Run Daignostics - and name it "Chrome-website-fail"
    Firefox - same website - autofill works
    Run Daignostics - and name it "Firefox-website-works"

• @snowy

Thanks for the reply. You can reproduce the issue in multiple apps, noting the time of each failed filling attempt and which specific app you attempted to fill into. Then you can generate one diagnostics report and send that in. Make sure that you also include the names of the apps that you tried to fill into and the specific times when filling failed to work.

-Dave