iOS: Tapping edit on an item will open a previously edited item in certain cases

Options
Jason9
Jason9
Community Member
edited February 23 in iOS

Similar issue as this post (which was closed so I couldn't just reply):
https://1password.community/discussion/138397/1password-opened-to-edit-screen

I've been doing a lot of work with 1 password today, and everytime I choose 'edit' for an item on the iphone, it opens the edit window for the PREVIOUS item. In other words:

1. I search for an amazon password
  2. I edited and save data for that entry
  3. I search for a google password
  4. I click edit on that google password
  5. The edit window opens, but it's for the AMAZON password

Actually lost a password to this today, and I'm kind of stunned. Was using both desktop and iphone versions (because I was transitioning from Authy to 1Password for 2fa and needed my phone's camera for the QR codes).

Saved password on desktop and iphone for 1 item. Edited it on desktop.

Switch to iPhone, searched a totally different item. Clicked edit, and it opened the PREVIOUS item. I couldn't choose to simply close. Had to "save" or "discard". Chose save, and it overwrite the edit on the desktop with the previous data which had not reached the iPhone via the cloud yet.

1Password Version: 8.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 14 and iOS 17.2
Browser: mac App and iOS App

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited February 23
    Options

Hello @Jason9! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into issues when editing items using 1Password for iOS. Our developers are currently investigating an issue where tapping edit on an item in 1Password for iOS will open a previously edited item in certain cases. I've added your report to the internal item open for the issue.

We hope to release a fix as soon as possible but I'm not able to share a specific timeframe. Please keep 1Password updated so that you receive the fix as soon as it is released: How to keep 1Password up to date

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#20148

• millertime
    millertime
    Community Member
    Options

I am encountering the same issue, which unfortunately occurred last year as well.

• @millertime

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, I've passed your report along to the team as well.

-Dave

• elioa6
    elioa6
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having an issue where 1Password on iOS is opening the wrong item to edit on a regular basis. For example.

-Let's say I've just edited the password for my Amazon account. I'm done, hit save, etc.
    -Then, I go to edit the password for my Google account. I open the item, hit the "edit" button. What opens is my Amazon item, in edit mode.

This is a serious issue, as it's almost led me to change or delete passwords incorrectly if I don't notice that 1password opened the wrong account. Any tips? Thanks.

1Password Version: iOS 8.10.26
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser: Not Provided

• elioa6
    elioa6
    Community Member
    Options

Me too!

• @elioa6

I'm sorry that the wrong item is opening in 1Password for iOS. Our developers are aware of the issue and are investigating. We hope to release a fix as soon as possible in a future update.

-Dave

• eturner1025
    eturner1025
    Community Member
    Options

I appreciate that they are aware and working on this. I came looking for this post to say that I am also experiencing the issue. Seeing constant improvement like this is what makes me happy that I chose 1Password instead of a different company.

• bkk
    bkk
    Community Member
    Options

I am new to 1Password. Trying to update passwords. Every time I edit a password even though I’ve saved it and try to edit another password it reopens to the previous password. Very confusing and time consuming to make sure I didn’t “re-edit” previous password.
    I see this is a long running issue. I’m disappointed to see this is still happening.
    Yes I have the most current version.
    Thanks for looking into this

1Password Version: 8.10.26
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser: Chrome

• Blwood
    Blwood
    Community Member
    Options

Consistently notice when go to edit a saved login when press edit icon then opens edit on last edit not the one I’m on. Is it just me or a glitch?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS

• zaid.alian
    edited March 4
    Options

@eturner1025, @bkk, and @Blwood,

I apologize for the inconvenience that this issue has caused. Thank you for sharing your feedback and I've passed your reports to our developers.

-Zaid

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Also running into this (and almost lost data!) 😢

• Dave_1P
    Options

@XIII

I'm sorry for the scare, our developers are actively working on this and hopefully a fix will be released in a future update soon.

-Dave

• Blwood
    Blwood
    Community Member
    Options

Great. Glad its being looked into😀

• Dave_1P
    Options

Thanks again for reporting the issue. 🙂

-Dave

• nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh
    nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh
    Community Member
    Options

Also seeing this behavior more often, lately.

• Thanks for letting us know @nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh

I apologize about the inconvenience. Our developers are actively looking at these reports and we hope to have this resolved soon.

-Zaid

• wmiyazaki
    wmiyazaki
    Community Member
    Options

This has happened to me twice now:
    1. I go to an item I want to edit, usually by search
    2. I click 'Edit', make my changes, then click 'Save' (once I changed the password, one time I changed Notes)
    3. I find myself on a different item from the original one, but containing the changes I just made!
    4. When I go back to the original item, it has no changes.
    5. There seems to be no discernible "connection" between the two items.

This behavior may be related to the discussion thread "iOS: Tapping edit on an item will open a previously edited item in certain cases", but not sure.

1Password Version: 8.10.26
    OS Version: iOS 17.3.1

• Dave_1P
    Options

@wmiyazaki

Thank you for the report. It does sound like you're affected by the same issue being discussed in the thread that you mentioned and I've merged your post into that thread to keep the conversation in one place.

I'll make sure to update this thread as soon as a fix is available. I'm sorry for the inconvenience the issue is causing.

-Dave

• Damnatus
    Damnatus
    Community Member
    Options

Posting here to be notified when fix available, because had it also happened.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Thank you for the report, I'll make sure to update this thread as soon as we have a fix available.

-Dave

• dkg
    dkg
    Community Member
    edited March 8
    Options

When attempting to EDIT an item on the iPhone/iPad using the 1P app v8.10 I regularly encounter an irritating bug. While looking at the log-in item that needs to be edited I press the "Edit" button and suddenly I am looking at an entirely DIFFERENT log-in item (that normally bears zero connection to the intended item) open in the Edit mode. If I "Cancel" and re-attempt to edit the original intended item it works. What's going on here ?

1Password Version: iOS 8.10.26
    OS Version: iOS 17.3.1
    Browser: 1P App

• Dave_1P
    Options

@dkg

Thank you for reporting the issue, our developers are working on a fix and I've merged your comment into the existing thread for the bug.

We hope to have a fix released in a future update soon, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

• nycyclist
    nycyclist
    Community Member
    Options

Same for me every time.

• jpsaffron
    jpsaffron
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here editing on iPhone.

1. Create a new login from chrome
    2. Open 1Password to the new login and click edit
    3. The previously edited password will open in edit mode instead of the new login

This is a recent regression.

• menditto
    menditto
    Community Member
    Options

Same for me every time.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@nycyclist, @jpsaffron, and @menditto

Thank you for the reports, this is a known issue that our developers are investigating. We plan to release a fix in a future update to 1Password for iOS. I'm sorry for the impact that the issue is causing.

-Dave

• jpsaffron
    jpsaffron
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Dave. I look forward to the fix. Keep up the good work.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Thanks again for reporting the issue.

-Dave