1Password 8 in Mac App Store?

Options
Martijnn
Martijnn
Community Member
edited February 26 in Mac

I was wondering if 1Password has plans to release the 1Password 8 Mac app on the Mac App Store?
Currently, 1Password 8 can only be downloaded and installed from the 1Password website.

Personally, I prefer to install all my apps via the App Store, because updating apps is much easier than opening each app and then clicking "check for updates".

Furthermore, 1Password 7 can still be found in the Mac App Store. I have a feeling this is causing confusion for some users who are not aware of the 1Password 8 release.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Martijnn! 👋

Thank you for reaching out! I don't have any news to share about the Mac App Store but, as you mentioned, you can download the app directly through our website:

Personally, I prefer to install all my apps via the App Store, because updating apps is much easier than opening each app and then clicking "check for updates".

When using 1Password 8, there's no need to manually check for updates. 1Password 8 features a brand new automatic updater that will update 1Password in the background for you: How to keep 1Password up to date

Furthermore, 1Password 7 can still be found in the Mac App Store. I have a feeling this is causing confusion for some users who are not aware of the 1Password 8 release.

I'm sorry for the confusion. I've shared your feedback with the team.

-Dave

ref: PB-38429332