Browser Autofill & Touch ID unlock

Options
donncha
donncha
Community Member
edited February 27 in Mac

A couple of questions as using 1P in the browser is becoming increasingly frustrating.

1. If Universal Autofill is enabled, do I need to use browser extensions? It seems like it should be one or the other, as if I need browser extensions then clearly autofill isn't universal.

2. Why am I regularly asked for my vault password when in browsers, despite 1P already being unlocked? it seems like the browser extensions don't actually coordinate with the 1P app at all. Chrome reports "Problems connecting. Please make sure the 1Password app is unlocked" despite the app actually being unlocked.

1P is up-to-date. Browsers are up to date (happens in all of them - Chrome, FF and Safari, though Safari appears least affected). OSX Sonoma, latest version.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @donncha! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password isn't working properly with your browser. It sounds like communication between the 1Password extension in your browsers and the 1Password for Mac app has broken down. To fix this please do the following:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon at the top of your Mac's screen and then click Quit. Wait until the icon disappears.
    3. Double-click on 1Password from your Mac's Applications folder.
    4. Open your web browser.

Does that fix the issue or do you still see different lock states in both the app and the browser extension?

If Universal Autofill is enabled, do I need to use browser extensions? It seems like it should be one or the other, as if I need browser extensions then clearly autofill isn't universal.

Universal Autofill allows you to fill your passwords into any app on your Mac, not just browsers. It is designed to work with the browser extension. The browser extension adds additional core functionality such as the ability to save logins in your browser, offer login and password suggestions, and more.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave